A BREIF INTRODUCTION TO CHAKRAS
Chakras are the energy centres of the body. They are a part of the astral body. All the chakras start from the spine to the crown of the head. The chakra system originated in India from the Vedas and is also talked about in the Upanishads.
The astral body is the energy body residing inside our physical body. They both co-exist together and play a pivotal role in our health and well-being. Each physical body part has a corresponding astral body part. The astral body cannot be seen or touched. This is also a reason why we cannot see the chakras.
The chakras radiate a specific colour and energy. Each one coincides with a gland in the physical body. Since each chakra relates to specific spiritual, emotional, psychological, and physical aspects of our being, it is believed that their blockage or malfunction can lead to physical, psychological, and emotional disorders. The conscious awareness and balancing of these energy centres, on the other hand, is believed to lead to well-being and good health. Your flow of energy becomes aligned. Meanwhile, negative feelings and thoughts, and physical ailments are less likely to manifest.
Here are the 7 basic chakras:
- Root Chakra (Muladhar): located at the base of the spine
- Sacral Chakra (Swadhishthan): located in your lower abdomen
- Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipur): located between the navel and the bottom of the rib cage
- Heart Chakra (Anahat): located in the heart region
- Throat Chakra (Vishuddh): located at the base of the throat
- Third Eye Chakra (Agya): located between the eyebrows
- Crown Chakra (Sahastrar): located at the crown of the head